28 August 2008

"I am so normal..."



"I finished high school, went to college, and I came up against relativism: the idea that we can't--people said that we couldn't know what was good, what was bad, what was true. So I really began questioning where truth comes from. Where does goodness come from? I know I have values. Who gives them to me? And so between that moment and here, it was a process of 'This is scary, I don't understand this. I don't see why I would be called. How can I be called? I am so normal."

Sister Amelia, O.P. (she just made vows this July!)
Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia
Nashville, Tennessee


One woman's "yes" changed the world.

Will yours?

Answer the call.

1 comment:

betsy said...

When you have fallen in love with God, everything doesn't seem quite so important anymore.


sadness, no. sacrifice, yes.