17 February 2009

"It's a small world" category


I received this email a while back:
"Greetings in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary! My name is Philip Johnson and I met you in 2005 when you were in Lourdes with your sister and father, and you invited me to your Mass in one of the side chapels of the Basilica. I attached the picture of us in front of the Basilica. I just spoke on the phone with my friend Patrick Bentley, and he mentioned that his wife works for you. I was very happy to "find" you again!

I am writing to ask your prayers. In November of 2008 I was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer and have been given a few years to live. I am being discharged from the Navy in March, and will enter St Charles Borromeo Seminary next Fall for the Diocese of Raleigh. As I mentioned in Lourdes, I had planned to enter the seminary following my service in the Navy, but my discharge is allowing this earlier. The Bishop has been very good to me, and is still allowing me to pursue my vocation despite the cancer. I had planned to join the Fraternity of Saint Peter, but those doors closed when I became ill, and God opened the door to Raleigh."

I remember well the day that we met Philip in Lourdes. Go to his blog to keep up with his recent pilgrimage there and to Rome. And let's pray for a miracle. We can use priests like Philip! Here is his blog: PhilipGerardJohnson.blogspot.com

No comments: