21 April 2009

Exams!

I know that I am weird, but I always liked exam time, especially in the spring -- especially when the weather was beautiful as it is now. I know that sounds crazy. For a procrastinator like me, there is some relief in the final reckoning! The misery cannot go on any longer. There is a huge rush of adrenaline. How can I get all of this done?! And then it is done.

I remember getting a card from a friend at about this time of year. On the outside, it showed a head sawed open with lots of books crammed in it. On the inside, it said: "It is not what you know, but when you know it." How true that is!

Not that I recommend procrastination. I am merely recounting history and explaining my strange associations with these circumstances. So if you find yourself in the position I ALWAYS found myself in at exam time, don't begrudge the good weather or load yourself with recriminations. Enjoy the ride! To quote Vergil: "forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit." I have lived long enough to know that it's true.

No comments: