26 June 2009

Awesome, but tiring

I realize that to say that I am tired sounds very ungrateful. I am trying to soak up everything that I can -- and that's a lot! Today we are going to the Mass for the feast of St. Josemaria Escriva celebrated by the Prelate of Opus Dei, whom we may meet. On Saturday, we will be attending Vespers at S. Paolo celebrated by Pope Benedict that will close the Pauline Year. And on Monday, we will be going to the Pallium Mass at St. Peter's. In the midst of all that sweetness, however, I have to see to getting tickets, to keeping up with the seminarians (I think I am in the right place being in a university rather than in a seminary!), to getting us moved to another residence, etc. I am sure that come July 4, I will be ready to return to my more austere but happier life in Nashville!

1 comment:

Diezba said...

I can't wait to hear about the Solemn Vespers at Saint Paul's Outside the Walls and the Pallium Mass at St. Peter's.

And believe you me: we'll be whole-heartedly welcoming you back to Nashville.