15 June 2009

Update

On Saturday morning, I said Mass for the Nashville Dominican sisters who are studying here in Rome. About 10 of the seminarians went along, and the good sisters gave us breakfast -- including orange juice! We drank them out of house and home with orange juice!

Later in the morning we had an appointment with Cardinal Arinze. (He had just been to the Diocese Nashville for a conference held in a Tennessee Walking Horse arena in Shelbyville. I was the Master of Ceremonies for the Mass there. I guess that this visit in Rome was the God's pay back for that extraordinary event!) Cardinal Arinze received us in his apartment, which overlooks St. Peter's Square. He could not have been more gracious or generous. It was evident that the seminarians had a great time, and I believe that the Cardinal did too.

Then I went to have lunch with the niece of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati! That was also awesome. I am more convince than ever that Bl. Pier Giorgio is the patron for campus ministry.

I guess that's pretty good for one weekend! Ciao.

1 comment:

Diezba said...

What an amazing weekend!

Should we mail you some orange juice?