27 September 2009

GPS

No, I don't mean Girls Preparatory School (a.k.a. Greatest Place in the South), my high school's more or less "sister" school.

I mean the funny little machines that give you directions. I have recently received one as a gift. Using it has become a spiritual exercise. (So far, mine has not let me down, although I have been reliably informed that this does happen so take this as far as it goes!) When going to an unfamiliar location I used to rely on written directions and intuition. I would obsess. Now I turn on the GPS and do what it tells me. I get there. I relax. Sometimes, it is a bit of a test. I had the occasion to use it to go to, from, and back to a rural location over the weekend. Each route was different, even using three different exits off of the interstate. But all worked.

OK -- do you see where I am going with this as a spiritual experience? Regarding life: stop obsessing. Listen and obey. Relax, even when it is perplexing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's Positioning System is the best!

TheCrankyProfessor said...

Just like you can't worry too much about the Girls Penitentiary of the South - which is who their out-of-town opponents sometimes thought they were facing!

After all, they're the Bruisers!