31 December 2009

FOCUS Conference Post #1

Well, I'm in Orlando for the national FOCUS conference. We left Nashville at 2 a.m. yesterday morning. Was that yesterday? Wowza. I basically slept through Georgia. More or less. Waking up for good at Valdosta. (It is incredible to believe that I was in the Val d'Aosta back in the summer. Go figure. I didn't realize that I had become a priest to become a world traveler.)

Long bus trips are purgatorial, although they do have a certain charm. This one was good as they go! I understand the attraction of Florida, at least for a time. The weather is so pleasant.

The conference started last night, and just to make sure that we did not forget that we are in campus ministry the opening Mass was at 9:45 p.m.

The next part of the craziness of my schedule is my fault. I am in Orlando, although actually at the airport to fly to Tulsa, OK for a wedding. What am I thinking? I will return on Saturday for the rest of the FOCUS conference. But no bus trip home for me. I have another conference to attend here, and then I will fly back. Pray for me. I guess this is what God wants me to do!

1 comment:

OP Wannabe said...

Faj! You're so radical! Safe travels as you hop and skip around the U.S. :-)