13 December 2009

Joy

St. John the Baptist and St. Paul today seem to be giving a recipe for joy: repentance and prayer. Repent to get back into the presence of God, and pray in order to stay there. God is the only adequate source of joy for a person. It is really true.

I have been experiencing such profound joy since my move into the rectory of the Cathedral, which is across the alley from the Frassati House, where I used to live. The priests who live in the rectory have agreed to a time for Morning Prayer together, and I have set my holy hour around this common prayer. It has helped me to be more regular in my prayer, and I am literally so happy for it. My duties and pressures have not changed otherwise, but I have changed. There is more joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! a little community life! love it! ~ Maria