25 March 2010

16 Candles

Well, it's my sweet sixteenth as a priest; and I have to say that it is pretty sweet, in the lingo of the young. I ask all of you to pray for priests. It is actually pretty hard days in the priesthood right now (when isn't it, you ask?). If nothing else, perhaps we can grow closer to Jesus in His humiliations. That would be a great blessing. At the same time, I am very much aware of and grateful for the love and prayers of so many faithful souls. You are my Bethany -- the house of Lazarus, Martha, and Mary where the Lord was loved and refreshed at any time.

If you are interested in promoting vocations to the diocesan priesthood, find the book To Save a Thousand Souls by Fr. Brett Brannen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary Padrecito!

Nora C said...

Belated congratulations! For some reason, I thought that the date was today (my father's birthday). I remember your ordination well, even if not the date, LOL.