21 March 2010

Sleep

One of the jokes among the students who know me well is about how little I sleep. It's true. I am naturally an early riser, and now with this job I stay up much later. This past week was a bad case of not much sleep. On top of that, I think that I was dealing with little left overs of tropical maladies so that by the end of the week I was not feeling very good physically.

I was starting to feel emotionally overwhelmed, what with Awakening and Holy Week coming -- who scheduled that? Anyhow, yesterday after listening to the Awakening practice talks -- which are awesome, by the way -- I plopped down on one of the Frassati House couches for an hour nap. Then I got up, ate something, and was back in bed by about 8:30 p.m. I was scared to do that because in my experience that sometimes results in waking up at 2 a.m. -- for good. But not this time. I woke up at 5:02 a.m., which is actually a late sleep for me!

OK, now things look a lot more manageable somehow!

2 comments:

OP Wannabe said...

If you doubt Father's early hours, take a look at how early he posts his blogs! :-)

Nora C said...

That Holy Week thing is scary every year! Will we be seeing you tonight at SJV?