09 June 2010

What am I doing?

Sorry for the slow blogging. I ought to be overflowing with stuff to say, but I am simply trying to do my job the best I can. While I am physically here in Rome, a large part of my heart and mind is back in Nashville working on the last part of the year to be wrapped up: the finances. Our fiscal year ends on June 30, and we stand a good chance of ending the year with our budget in balance. That is a big change from last year, when I was sitting here in Rome worried about a big deficit and not being about to do much about it. So thanks to all of you who have made this a better year financially. It is definitely not too late to help up out this year so please hit the donate button or send us a check soon! I would love to be able to say that we have completely turned the financial situation around at the close of the fiscal year! Help me to do it!

I am also looking forward and getting things lined up for next year. I think that we are better prepared than ever for a great year. We are planning our outreach, retreats, classes, events, and so much more for next year. I was trying to figure out why I feel so much better about these preparations than last year. It's because my assistant back in Nashville has not just had a baby this year, as she had last year. Even I tried to leave her alone for a while last year. But I can definitely say that when Kristi is available to assist my work, my life is better! Especially when I am across the ocean from my office!

And Rome ... well, I am having a good time showing it to the seminarians. I did get better acquainted with the city last year so it's easy to do. Of course, it is wonderful to be here. More about that later.

1 comment:

talamarieb said...

FATHER!!! I'm praying from li'l ol' Humboldt, NE...and I'm SO very excited about your return to the U. S. of A.! Thanks for being faithful! And for blogging like a total e-vangelist.:)