23 October 2010

About Last Night ...

About the only thing that I have to complain about is too much! Too many good things. Last night is just an example: confessions, Mass, alumni reception, Frassati House blessing, and an event at Dismas House that I did not even make it to (about which I feel regret), and an impromptu dinner at McDougal's that I also did not make. This morning, we are starting early with 40 Days for Life, Mass, and off we go!

I actually had an official at the Diocese say that we are understaffed and underfunded! Music to my ears! At the same time, I dealing with issues at the chancery; but it's worth it. One of the alumni after Mass last night, which packed the small chapel on campus, asked if we ran a seminary program. This alumnus could not figure out the reverence of the students.

There is a lot of joy here. The joy of knowing the Lord Jesus in communion with other disciples. Pray for us!

2 comments:

Diezba said...

I always have a little bit of schadenfreude when alums/non-Vandy+Catholics come to our Masses and are confused at scores of college students showing more reverence than 80% of pewsittin' Cathoilcs.

Mea culpa ;)

Anonymous said...

I thought the point was to set an
example for others though I can
appreciate Diezba's honesty.

Vandy+Catholic has been for me
like Newman's Jesus Prayer:

". . . Let them look up and see no
longer me, but only Jesus! Stay
with me and then I will begin to shine as you shine, so to shine
as to be a light to others.

The light, O Jesus, will be all
from you; none of it will be mine.
It will be you, shining on others
through me. Let me thus praise
you in the way which you love
best, by shining on those around me. Let me preach you without
preaching, not by words but by example, by the catching force,
the sympathetic influence of what
I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears for you."

I don't mean to be unkind, but any
sign of smugness might undo much
good. So many people simply have
not been properly taught.