29 October 2010

Resolutions

Believe it or not, this fall has been the best organized period of my life. Ever. That, however, is not a high bar. I only half in jest say that I am unable to organize a two-car funeral procession.

I knew that things would begin to be strained once school began, and it is true. The things that were not planned in detail before school started are unraveling. So please pray for me to pull it back together.

By the grace of God, I have accomplished some resolutions that have needed tending to for a long time. For me, the hard things are the routine things of life. I am so undisciplined that I let the boredom of routine get the best of me. I have made a lot of progress with the ordinary things. And I now see the next resolution rising: getting back to people promptly and consistently. I think that I am figuring out some specific ways that will work for me. Next is regular and planned exercise. Third is sleep. I really have not figured out how to do that well!

Oh, and one other private one -- pray for that one especially.

I am very grateful to God for granting me order! What a relief.

No comments: