12 December 2010

YSR

I had a very pleasant day yesterday with the Vanderbilt FOCUS team. We try to have some sort of outing at the end of each semester just to have fun and be with each other. I am not sure if the outing yesterday was fun for the team, but it was for me.

Of course, any day on which one can be in the company of such incredibly holy young people is a great day. Tala, CeeCee, Frank, and Joe are so GOOD! And good in the truest sense of the word, not in some boring conventional way, but in the fullest way.

Anyhow, we went on an outing to Sewanee, Tennessee. I know it sounds exciting, doesn't it! Well, maybe not so much. But it is pretty, and it provided the time and setting for some wonderful talks. It was nice to be there with students busily studying, as opposed to partying.

It was a very relaxing day for me. I really wished to stay there. Sewanee is not the most exciting place in the world, but it is a place where there is quiet. One can think there, if one wishes. Of course, I am happy back in Nashville; but I do realize that I like a setting for thought. Of course, that setting really has to be within us. For me, entering that interior place will always be marked somehow by the Domain of the University of the South. Yea, Sewanee's Right!

1 comment:

OP Wannabe said...

You'll have to educate us on "Yea, Sewanee's Right!"